Monday, July 24, 2006

Our present governor

Our present governor has finally got it! I have said for a decade, that either party who was wise enough to make transportation a center issue of his campaign would own the campaign. But in the midst of threatened new rolling blackouts in California it occurs to me that our feckless leaders would be wise to “lead” in a new direction as well. Why not purpose a giant bond to build 10 new megawatt plants? Such a politician would be counted visionary (yawn- this issue has been around for ten years and we are still waiting for “visionary leadership”) I have noticed from my study of history that there are very few leaders who really are; most are clowns jumping out in front of the parade, pretending to go in the parade’s direction.
But as a voter of 53 who has never voted for more than a handful of bond issues, I do plan on voting for better roads. Oh duh!

No comments: