Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Joe Leiberman

Joe Leiberman
Joe is under attack from the liberal media- not from his Democratic base. This is a legitimate conclusion based on the fact that Leiberman  has a 15 point edge over his opponent (whom I cannot even name), and article after article is being written about Leiberman going 3rd party should he lose in the primary. Is there another election in history where a 15 point spread is thought to be a close election? Test: when was the last “close” election in a presidential race won by a 15 point margin?
The bias of the liberal media is self-evident. Thank God for those who expose it regularly (Brent Bozell), but it is most interesting to see a party intent on self destruction try to expunge one of their own stalwarts. As I have seen this last month unfold with news stories (and I was dubious over the stories which predicted strong Dem wins this November), I want to predict that Repubs seem to have the upper hand for the next decade. I did read an article, very interesting, which postulated that “political prostitutes” are responsible for the up or down of either party. I do wonder if the political prostitutes are creating most of the mess of the Repubs now? Repubs were very used to being ideologues; now it is the Dems place to be ideologues.
But what do I know? I have always been a libertarian, and wish fervently for government to quit bossing me around. I do appreciate their help, when public interest is clearly delineated, as in freeways and student loans, but otherwise “Don’t tread on me” seems to be a great American ideal.

No comments: